Hope Summit was founded so Rochester, MN could know the love and grace that is found in Jesus.
Over the last 60 years, that vision has remained at the forefront of our efforts.
Below is a brief timeline of our story.
1956 - "Rochester's Newest Church of Christ" lead by Frank Myers is planted by
members from Pleasant Grove and Marion Church of Christ at the 4-H
Building on the Olmsted County Fairgrounds.
1957 - Willard Hockley takes over as Senior Pastor and location moved to 1919
33rd St NW and renamed Rolling Greens Church of Christ.
1960 - Church growth leads to new location on the corner of 11th Ave and 5th St
NE and a new name: Eastside Church of Christ.
1964 - Eugene Reynolds takes over as Senior Pastor.
1967 - Further Growth leads to breaking ground on 6th Ave SE.
1968 - First Sunday service at the newly named Meadow Park Church of Christ.
1969 - James McWalters takes over as Senior Pastor.
1973 - Church starts hiring extra staff. Steve Grice is hired as the first youth pastor.
1975 - Ron Wernimont takes over as Senior Pastor.
1984 - Break Ground for new educational wing (current worship center).
1999 - Aaron Wager takes over as Senior Pastor.
2006 - 20 acres purchased on 48th street for possible future expansion.
2008 - Church renamed to Hope Summit Christian Church.
2010 - Frank Chiapperino takes over as Senior Pastor.
2012 - Highest number of Baptisms to date.
2014 - Jeff Matteson takes over as Senior Pastor.